Saturday, June 18, 2011

Windows command console: F7 for history

End of quarter woes for me include grading a lot of homework resubmissions. Call me soft, but I think that school is made to help the students learn, so as long as there is time, I’ll accept resubmissions. Sadly, that means that on the last week students will resubmit almost all of their assignments. The only good news out of all of this is that I accidently found out that hitting F7 will get a complete list of commands that you executed. It’s similar to the linux command ‘history’, but it’s more visual as it brings up a popup! Use the arrow keys to highlight the command you want to run again or just hit the number key corresponding to the command that you want to execute.
F7 is also what I use to compile code in Visual Studio… :D

No comments:

Post a Comment